Fantasy and Realism Art Contest!

So, I like drawing stuff. And I know there are at least a few, probably at least three people (that’s enough to make a religion – THE MORYOU KNOW) that also like to draw, so I thought “You know what would be fun and awesome and cool? A contest!”. So I decided to hold one.

However, what’s more epic than one art contest? TWO art contests. So, I decided to hold two.

Anyway, there are a few things you may like to know about the contests if you plan to participate.

FANTASY ART CONTEST:

From Photosforclass.

When is the deadline for submissions? Sunday, January 24th, 2021! This gives you all of winter break, and the remote-only week after it, to complete your artwork!

What should I draw for the contest? Anything fanatical! Something that doesn’t actually exist in real life.

What medium should I use? Any medium you want to use! You can do your art on paper, digitally, or with any other medium.

How should I submit my drawing? Please submit your artwork to me via Teams. Please put your name, a clear photo of your artwork, and a brief description of what it illustrates.

Are there any guidelines for submissions? Obviously, your submission has to be school-appropriate. YOU are the one who should draw your submission! DO NOT STEAL SOMEONE ELSE’S ARTWORK! Your artwork must also be submitted by the deadline.

!- If your artwork violates any of these guidelines, or if it is not submitted correctly, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST -!

DISCLAIMER: By entering your artwork, you are giving me permission to use it and its description in the blog post I’ll make announcing the winners of this contest.

REALISM CONTEST

Drawn by me.

What should I draw for the contest? Try your best to recreate a photo that is either from Photosforclass, or taken by you. You do NOT have to recreate the photo you choose in color (see photo above for example).

How will my photo be scored? Your artwork will be scored by how close it looks to the photo you selected. Points will NOT be deducted from your score if the color in your photo doesn’t resemble that in your artwork. HOWEVER, points WILL be deducted from your score if you don’t shade.

What medium should I use? You can either do your artwork on paper or digitally, however my personal recommendation would be that you use paper and pencil.

How should I submit my artwork? Please submit your artwork to me via Teams. Please put your name, the (uncopyrighted) photo you tried to recreateCLEAR photo of your artwork.

Are there any guidelines for submissions? Obviously, your submission has to be school-appropriate. YOU are the one who should draw your submission! DO NOT STEAL SOMEONE ELSE’S ARTWORK! Do NOT recreate a copyrighted photo (please)! Your artwork must also be submitted by the deadline.

DISCLAIMER: By entering your artwork, you are giving me permission to use it and the photo you used as a reference for it in the blog post I’ll make announcing the winners of this contest.

PRIZES:

I didn’t really plan a standard prize, so, if 1st and 2nd (more or less places depending on how many submissions there are) in both contests want any of their pets drawn, I’ll do that, I guess.

However, the more important prize, that EVERYONE, no matter WHAT place you receive, will get is (drumroll, please)… feedback.

That’s right, I will be giving each submitted artwork specific feedback – things that were done well, and things that could be improved. I may also ask some friends to give feedback too.

Participate if you want to, and have a good winter break!